Georgia Power, United Way and the Douglas Chamber host a weekly 1 hour Zoom call with the Douglas non-profit organizations. The primary purpose of these calls is to streamline communication among those who need the information. Specially, these calls will
- ensure that services being provided by multiple non-profits (some very small that others are unaware of) are known by all to minimize overlap and provide opportunities to increase efficiency;
- identify opportunities for non-profits to shift resources/services to focus on others;
- identify opportunities for collaboration and referral;
- keep each other apprised of the level of need as it changes (seemingly moment to moment now) and new needs as they arise; and
- allow United Way to keep their finger on the pulse of the needs, the services being provided and by whom, and the level of need among the non-profits to make the grantmaking process more seamless so those with their boots on the ground can focus their energies on serving.
Date and Time
Tuesday Oct 4, 2022
8:15 AM - 9:15 AM EDT
First Tuesday of every month at 8:15 am.
Zoom meeting information will be sent upon registration.
There is no cost to attend these meetings.