Salary Range: $17.50 Hourly Onwards
This person in this position is responsible for daily operations of the assigned recreation facility and/or park. On an assigned shift, responsibilities are limited to the activities and operations on a daily shift during normal operating hours and/or special events. Daily operations also include general maintenance and cleaning in an assigned facility and/or park. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekend, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitors work flow and operations of assigned facility and/or park;
- Prepares park facilities for programs and events; ensures that room it set-up properly and there are enough supplies to include setup and break down for events, meetings, programs, etc.;
- Creates plans and specifications for recreation projects, programs, and special events that meets the needs of the community
- Assists with overseeing the work of community service workers;
- Monitors all patrons and activities of assigned area during shift to ensure and maintain a safe environment;
- Enforces all rules and regulations of the assigned facility/park;
- Assists with athletic field preparation and maintenance;
- Performs general maintenance and cleaning of assigned park and/or facility;
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service and hospitality via telephone and/or in-person;
- Financial Responsibilities: Accept, receive, collect payments and reconcile per accounting policies and procedures;
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Must be at least 16 years old. Prefers some work experience or community volunteering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Data Utilization: Requires the ability to calculate and/or tabulate data. Includes performing subsequent actions in relation to these computational operations.
- Human Interaction: Requires the ability to provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others regarding the application of procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization: Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a variety of reference data and information.
- Mathematical Aptitude: Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Involves routine work according to clearly prescribed standard practices, with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment in situations characterized by repetitive or short cycle operations covered by well established procedures or sequences
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications within 6 months – to be provided by the employer.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license. Must be able to obtain CPO certification within one (1) year of employment – to be provided by the employer.
- Physical Ability: Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (10 - 25 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds, odor, and visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
- Incumbent works in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
- Essential functions are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions but may occasionally work outside with exposure to humid or wet conditions.