Local CDL-A Driver
Be paid for your performance and home daily!
Our drivers hold the keys to our success! As a driver for Gordon Food Service you
are important to everyone - our customers, our company and your family. It’s one
of our Cornerstone Values - and we know you need balance in life and to feel
appreciated for the time spent here with us.
What’s different about Gordon Food Service?
- Our trucks are clean , safe , and well-cared for, just like we care for our drivers
- Schedules that allow you to be home regularly
- Exceptional benefits , pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained trucks
- Dedicated to your safety
- Stability - you're guaranteed a route and paid weekly. Food is always in season -
and the Food Service industry is growing.
It's time for you to feel safe, valued, and respected.
Take a look at what it's like to be a local route delivery driver
You’re home daily - here’s what you’d be doing each day:
- Enjoy an established route, building great customer experiences
- Deliver groceries to each customer site - likely 12-15 drops per day
- Get a workout with loads of up to 350 lbs on a two-wheeler
- Connect with the customer to be sure their needs are met
- Use state of the industry tools to track your deliveries and issues
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer operations
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a
- CDL Class A required at hire
- Ability to drive a 10 speed manual in busy metropolitan area with no restrictions
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food Service standards
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol
Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in order to be considered for employment
with us effective January 6th, 2020.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)