Local Delivery Drivers
Home Daily - Local Route Driver
STAY BONUS $2000 - More details at time of interview
- On Average our drivers in this location are making $75K/year, which includes guaranteed weekly minimum.
- Opportunity to earn additional incentives based on performance
- Full Benefits after 30 days!
401k match and profit sharing program
- Weekly pay
Our drivers hold the keys to our success! As a driver for Gordon Food Service you are important to everyone - our customers, our company and your family. It’s one of our Cornerstone Values - and we know you need balance in life and to feel appreciated for the time spent here with us.
It's time for you to feel safe, valued, and respected.
Take a look at what it's like to be a local route delivery driver :
You’re home daily - here’s what you’d be doing each day:
- Enjoy an established route, building great customer experiences
- Deliver groceries to each customer site - likely 12-14 drops per day
- Get a workout with loads of up to 350 lbs on a two-wheeler
- Connect with the customer to be sure their needs are met
- Use state of the industry tools to track your deliveries and issues
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer operations
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a background check
- CDL Class A required
- Must be able to drive a 10 speed manual
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food Service standards
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in order to be considered for employment with us effective January 6th, 2020. If you have not registered through the Clearinghouse, click here to register
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)