This position is responsible for providing accurate advising information to Georgia Highlands students at the Floyd campus.
• Provides high quality advising to current Georgia Highlands College students
• Develops multi-semester degree planning following curriculum guidelines; aligns students' academic interests and aptitudes with appropriate professional goals
• Develops partnerships with other academic departments
• Connects students with appropriate academic and non-academic student services that promote their success
• Maintains thorough and accurate documentation of individual advising sessions
• Registers students with academic holds, those who experience computer generated prerequisite blocks, those approved for overrides, and those who are unsure or unclear about their registration skills; preregisters students for their first term at GHC
• Attends new student orientations
• Attends training and meetings
• Travels to other campuses to assist with advising and orientation
• Serves on committees as requested
• Performs related duties
- Bachelor's degree in a course of study related to the occupational field with one to two years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.
Commensurate with educaiton and experience.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts if applicable
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of BANNER advising/registration system
• Knowledge of Board of Regents policies
• Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies
• Knowledge of student support services
• Knowledge of general financial aid rules
• Knowledge of general transfer policies
• Knowledge of degree audit programs
• Skill in the provision of advising to potential and current students
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in oral and written communication