Instructor/Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Faculty position in a multi-site college in the University System of Georgia. Teaching load is the equivalent of 30 semester hours combined for Fall and Spring Semesters of the 2018 – 2019 academic year. Reporting to the division dean, the faculty member’s primary responsibility is preparing for and delivering instruction. This position is full-time, benefits-eligible, permanent tenure track position.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Teach the equivalent of 30 semester hours combined for Fall and Spring semesters
• Manage courses through systematic use of syllabi and accurate records of students’ class performance, attendance, and grades
• Keeps regular office hours, dedicating 10 hours (or more) per week to assisting students
•Adopt and implement common course objectives
• Assist in curriculum development and review/selection of instructional materials
• Attend divisional and full faculty meetings, as well as training sessions
• Engage in assessment of student learning outcomes and program assessment
• Performs related duties
Master’s degree with 18 hours of graduate-level mathematics courses; flexibility to teach courses as assigned (day, evening, weekend, at any of the Georgia Highlands College locations); ability to teach a variety of mathematics courses, including learning support mathematics, college algebra, trigonometry, statistics, discrete mathematics, and calculus; Experience or interest in teaching online, hybrid or alternative format courses is desirable
Commensurate with experience and education.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Attach unofficial transcripts with your application. Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Ability to use technology, including Microsoft Office, TI graphing calculator, and learning management system.
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.
The preferred location for this position would be the Douglasville site.