Hardware Architect I
GreyStone Power Corporation
Job SummaryThis position will be responsible for assisting in the design, operation and support of systems, processes and technologies for the organization's virtual/server hardware strategy. The individual will establish strong relationships with the Functional, Technical, and External Partners that will drive value across the organization through efficient, innovative and proactive project management. This position requires a dynamic and technically proficient individual who can manage all aspects of the Desktop and Server Lifecycle Management.
- Support and maintain virtual infrastructure.
- Support and maintain Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Serves as secondary contact/support of SEDC, Futura, SAGE, Business Objects Enterprise (BOE) and other enterprise applications.
- Verify and maintain backup/DR strategy for virtual infrastructure.
- Uphold and manipulate administration, with both MS SQL and Oracle database technologies.
- Assist contractors on implementation of IT projects.
- Research Desktop hardware and software solutions for end-user requests toward business process efficiency.
- Stays informed of the ways the organization uses its data.
- Provide IT helpdesk support; troubleshooting, software installation, hardware installation and general PC maintenance.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a computer related area and 5 + years of experience working with virtual environments.
- Experience with VMware vSphere, NetApp/HP SAN, HP Blade Servers, IBM Power Servers and related technologies.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows OS administration (Microsoft Certification preferred).
- Strong knowledge and experience with networking technologies, Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Sharepoint, and Microsoft SQL.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must satisfactorily pass the EMC's employment physical examination and required drug screens.