Mechanic III - 2nd Shift
GreyStone Power Corporation
Please go to www.greystonepower.com/careers for more detailed information and to complete an on-line application.
- Inspects vehicles and equipment as part of the preventative maintenance program.
- Identifies problems with vehicles and equipment and makes the necessary mechanical repairs.
- Performs diagnosis and repairs to hydraulic and electronic systems.
- Rebuilds engines, drive trains and equipment.
- Tunes engines as directed.
- Performs structural welding and fabrication as necessary: proficiently operating gas and arc welding equipment.
- Performs service work on all vehicles such as changing oil, lubrication, tire work, brake repair, etc.
- Makes service calls when necessary for the GreyStone Power fleet.
- Performs major maintenance rebuilds, remounts and re-certifications on bucket trucks, line trucks and other mounted equipment.
- Performs annual DOT truck inspections, providing required documentation for files and vehicles.
- Checks for presence of all necessary parts and materials before beginning rebuild work, giving list of missing parts and material to supervisor for timely requisition.
- Performs complete operational test of equipment before completion.
- Prepares written record of all maintenance and repairs performed, carefully completing time sheets, service order forms, and any other document required to properly record work.
- Maintains personal tools as required.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Provides input in the preparation of service quotations when requested.
- Acts in the absence of Supervisor.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Requires eight years’ experience in vehicle maintenance and mechanic work; or three years as a Mechanic II at GreyStone Power.
- Must have the ability to operate vehicle shop equipment.
- Must have the physical dexterity to handle a variety of mechanical tools.
- Prefer experience in hydraulic systems.
- Must have two “Master” level tested certifications. Prefer ASE Master Certification in Truck Equipment or , Fluid Power Certification, AWS Welding Certification, or equivalents.
- Requires a valid Georgia commercial driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily pass GreyStone Power’s employment physical examination and required drug screen.