Cosmetic Research and Product Development
Full Job Description
Herb'N Eden is an all natural body care company based in Douglasville, Ga. We are looking for a dedicated individual, willing to work with a small company to hep further develop our product offerings.
Research & Product Development
- Formulation and reverse engineering of skin and body care products employing general cosmetic science and laboratory principles and techniques.
- Forms: O/W, W/O emulsions, gels, pomades, shampoos, body oil, body wash, body butter, hand soaps, bar soaps, and OTC formulations
- Researching of new products, chemistry, and innovation driving new business opportunities
- A working knowledge of formula scale up and manufacturing equipment
- Documentation and recording techniques common to laboratory practices
- Evaluate and communicate formulation results, ensure the quality of data generated, and adhere to company procedures and practices
- Maintain detailed, organized records in formulation and project management databases
- Submit requests, test, and release new raw material samples
- Collaborate with formulators and V.P. of Operations to ensure inventory of raw materials are replenished and maintained appropriately
- Assist in the sourcing of new R&D materials as needed.
- Setup and manage specialized outside analytical and clinical lab testing for new product development.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related discipline required with a minimum 3-5 years' experience in cosmetic formulation and development
- In depth knowledge of principles of cosmetic science
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience of all normal laboratory equipment which must be used to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Basic computer knowledge including excel, word and powerpoint.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to record and document critical batch process documents
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Familiar with measurement scales, mixing, blending, chemical mills and other formulation manufacturing equipment
- Follow established formulas to create laboratory batches of personal care and color cosmetics.
- Be able to scale up, assist in production troubleshooting.
- Observe, record, investigate, duplicate and validate successful procedures.
- Prepare and approve Master Batch Record.
- A background in formulation development of deodorants, moisturizers, facial cleansers would be ideal.
Related keywords: mechanical engineer, engineer, biomedical engineer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Laboratory Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place