Engineering Development Program - Summer 2021
Full Job Description
Engineering Development Program- Summer 2021(Job Number: FUL01000D)
Primary Location US-GA-Lithia Springs
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” this position is a rotational program through two of Medline’s manufacturing sites and will start in Lithia Springs, GA. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline is seeking highly talented and career-minded professionals who will begin employment within the Engineering Development Program (EDP). EDP is a two year program in which engineers complete two rotations prior to graduating into a regular position of greater responsibility. EDP focuses on giving engineers hands on experience to make an immediate impact at Medline’s manufacturing sites.
During the Engineering Development Program, engineers will complete (2) one-year rotations through factories within our ReadyCare and Personal Care divisions. The rotation will start in Lithia Springs, GA and possible future rotation locations include Waukegan, IL, Hartland, WI and Meriden, CT. Medline will provide relocation assistance between each rotation. Each EDP will be assigned a mentor who will counsel them throughout the program. Typical program length is approximately, but not limited to, two years in order to fully develop skills required to advance your career in Engineering.
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
Under supervision, analyze existing processes, develop solutions, and implement new processes to improve efficiencies and labor savings. Manage multiple projects of small to medium scope.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, perform and conduct protocols (i.e. DOE, Process Validation, etc) for new materials and processes. Ensure that new products meet the strict quality and performance standards set by the division (i.e. burst testing, tensile testing, impact qualities, etc.).
- Perform assignments to enhance existing procedures, statistical analysis, inspections, and validation activities. Contribute to the organization's process improvement activities by participating in Kaizen and other lean events.
- Support ways to increase operational productivity (i.e. warehouse, manufacturing, reorder, buying and production control).
- Analyze costs related to capital expenditures to determine breakeven points, payback and associated hard and soft savings.
- Write functional requirements, test plans, and work with production issues.
- Conduct training, when appropriate, on quality assurance and/or engineering concepts and tools, including but not limited to inspection, measurement and test methods.
- Analyze operational procedures to develop; validate; and deploy labor standards (manufacturing related areas).
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial)
- Intermediate skill level in computer and systems use (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)