Analyst - Accounts Payable I
This position reviews and processes for payment purchase orders, travel reimbursements, invoices, statements, vouchers, and/or other check requests, as appropriate, for a specified operating unit or internal client group. This position draws, verifies, and posts payment checks. This position also handles the resolution of account discrepancies and procedural inquiries.
• Receives and reviews payment/check request, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements
• Matches original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders or check requests; performs calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and amounts, and makes modifications as necessary
• Codes, verifies, and electronically enters accounts payable data into ledgers
• Draws, verifies, and posts payment checks to appropriate vendors and/or agencies
• Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts, and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries
• Regularly performs review and audit of travel in compliance with Board of Regents Policy and State Policy
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Commensurate with experience and education.
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Unofficial Transcripts
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Associate’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field and one to two years or related experience
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.