Facilities Support Specialist
Full Job Description
The Operations team partners closely with ResMed’s five business leaders to understand their needs then providing a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs including Customer and Technical Services, Global Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Focused on enabling new product introduction and operating excellence, our team strives to improve time to market for new products and services, improve efficiencies in our cross-functional processes, and improve our supply chain through digitization and automation to increase value add to our customers.
Please Note: This position requires candidates to be flexible with working hours. During the training period, there will be rotational shifts (Night, Weekends) required.
Let's talk about the team and you:
The Automation & Facilities Support Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of all facility related systems and processes at the Atlanta distribution site. These include major and minor repairs on any equipment, performing overhaul, retrofit, modifications, and design activities on a variety of equipment assigned, and general maintenance duties to ensure health & safety, efficiency, and productivity are maintained.
This role will interface with all internal departments, as well as with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed safely, on-time, and within budget.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities :
- Performs effective preventative maintenance plans for all facility equipment and systems, including: Pallet wrappers, conveyor, transfers, diverts, print and apply automation, generator, air compressor, other equipment.
- Will keep all PM documentation up to date within the Quality System
- Assist in executing facility health & safety initiatives to achieve established goals and objectives
- Communicate all necessary safety information and safety hazards connected with work being performed.
- Assists with maintaining daily operations of the facility; including supply replenishment, housekeeping, restroom & breakroom maintenance
- Assists in setup and breakdown of events, meetings rooms, and office equipment
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance/repairs and light maintenance as needed.
- Maintain & monitor all electrical, mechanical & plumbing systems
- Inspect building and other structures to determine functional systems, detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre-established form
- Performs audits to support facility planning
- Supports maintenance & mechanics duties such as spot painting, light construction, and cleanup, using hand and power tools as necessary
- Maintains the building inspections to assure they are kept current
- May need to be on call outside of normal shift hours as needed for emergencies within facility
- Diagnoses Materials Handling Equipment-related error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs appropriately.
- Oversees and provides assistance with any maintenance modifications and/or system upgrades of Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) and Warehouse Control Systems (WCS).
- Support the installation of new equipment including: computer cables, electric, water, and air handling equipment.
- Assesses the efficiency of materials handling equipment and helps to define necessary modifications.
- Assists with spare parts inventory management.
- Keeps distribution center management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required).
- Provides assistance in the configuration maintenance modifications and system upgrades of MHE/WCS.
- Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
- Develops and solicits bids from vendors for maintenance, janitorial, snow removal, landscape and other contracts necessary to support all building and MHE systems.
- Basic understanding of blueprints and schematics and able to troubleshoot/analyze problems.
- May train or direct other team members as appropriate.
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience :
- Excellent technical and operational knowledge of mechanical electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Ability to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work environment.
- Must be highly proficient in pneumatics and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings.
- Strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working environment
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Ability to operate independently to multi-task and to prioritize quickly
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related position required, preferably in a distribution facility
- Experience in the development of preventive maintenance programs and disaster planning and knowledge of diesel powered back-up generators, air handling units and roof top air conditioning units.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Facilities/Plant Management, or related field preferred; Technical vocational training also preferred
- Knowledge of automation systems (WCS) and Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan Associates and Highjump) a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of CAD preferred
Warehouse environment. Incumbent will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 40lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
APPLY HERE: https://resmed.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ResMed_External_Careers/job/Lithia-Springs-GA-United-States/Facilities-Support-Specialist_JR_006955-1?source=IND