Full Job Description
1.) Shane's Rib Shack is looking to fill Back of the House (BOH) positions which includes prep work, grill position, fryer position, steam table position, and dishwashing. Staff members must be able to perform all duties in all areas of the kitchen to ensure fresh food, quality and speed of service.
2.) Shane's Rib Shack is looking to hire energetic, smiling faces to join our team and help grow the business. Our ideal candidate would have reliable transportation, clean driving record and love to help and serve customers at the shack. Previous restaurant experience is not required but we are looking for someone who brings enthusiasm to our restaurant, can perform in a fast-paced environment and is a great multitasker. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Acts with integrity, honesty & knowledge that promotes the culture, values & mission of Shane’s Rib Shack
· Prepares menu items according to Shane's recipes, quality standards and presentation.
· Conducts Line Checks at specified times to check quality and quantity of food.
· Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary workstation.
· Minimizes food waste, maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation.
· Handles all food and equipment following sanitation and hygiene standards and Health Department guidelines.
· Operates smoker, grill, fryers, and ovens.
· Washes dishes and ensures 100% cleanliness and sanitation of utensils, bowls, containers, pots and pans.
· Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team
· Contributes to positive team environment by
· Maintain a detailed knowledge of Shane’s Rib Shack’s products and menu
· Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
· Self-starter with ‘Whatever It Takes’ attitude and high sense of urgency
· Customer service oriented with exceptional communication skills
· Ability to learn quickly
· Demonstrates leadership and teamwork skills
· Ability to work well as part of the team.
· Personal cleanliness.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities, often working on several orders at the same time.
- Workers usually must withstand the pressure and strain of standing for hours at a time, lifting heavy items and working near hot ovens, fryers and grills.
· Work varied hours/days based on business needs
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Waiting period may apply