Manufacturing (Medical) Technician
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Blood Processing Technologist for the American Red Cross!
Blood Processing Technologists perform basic through advanced manufacturing, processing and test procedures on blood products. Blood Processing Technologists also interpret test results before releasing blood to area hospitals. All tasks are performed in highly regulated environment. Successful Blood Processing Technologists will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
- Perform and interpret various testing procedures on blood products for patients' use at area hospitals
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies
- Maintain, edit and review computer and manual records to assure accurate record keeping
- Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products. Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you process meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
- Selected candidate must be able to perform the following: Sample Management, manual residual white blood cell counts, Haemonetics QC, BacT Sampling and transformation, pH testing and Pathogen Reduced product processing.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Processing Technologist position describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- Associates degree in science, Medical Laboratory Technician (certified through American Society of Clinical Pathology); or Associate's degree in science plus three years' experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods.
- The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
- Must meet CLIA requirements.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.