Air Duct Installer
Southeast Cooler Corp.
Title: AIR Duct Installer – Ice Merchandiser Production Line
Company Division: Polar Temp
Location: 640 Bosch Court, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Department: Refrigeration Assembly Ice Merchandiser Production Line
Reports to: Ice Merchandiser Production Coordinator
FLSA* Status: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
Employees Supervised: None
The individual in the Duct Installer position maintains overall responsibility for installation of air ducts in ice merchandisers. This includes installing air ducts to the interior liner of the merchandiser on the rear, front, and side walls. This job includes meeting daily schedules, being responsible for appearance and quality of finished product, and helping to control air duct inventory stock. The individual also has a working knowledge of all power and hand tools needed to complete the finished product including, but not limited to, the use of a power nut driver, tape measure, and tin snip or small grinder to remove any sharp edges.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates battery operated hand drill with Hex-head or Philips head tip
- Accurately reads a tape measure
- Interprets air duct placement drawings
- During and after air duct installation inspects completed product for quality and integrity
- Prepares air duct sub-assemblies to be installed by removing self-adhered protective vinyl sheeting from metal
- Sets up and maintains an organized work bench and work area
- Follows safe work practices, wears all required personal protective equipment, and identifies any unsafe conditions observed
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Becomes cross-trained and works in other positions, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in manufacturing is desired, but is not a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and battery-operated drills
- Ability to complete various assembly and fabrication tasks
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, sketches, and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to be able to follow directions
- Ability to operate an electric or manually operated hand pallet floor truck
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to work overtime, including Saturdays, if needed.
The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am through 3:10 pm, with 40 minutes off for lunch, 10-minute break morning and afternoon.
Overtime is expected to be a normal part of the schedule. Expect the normal work week to be 48 hours (2 hours/day overtime on Monday – Thursday). HOWEVER, overtime work is not guaranteed.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting wages: $12.50/hour. Upon completion of 90 days of satisfactory performance and demonstrated ability to successfully complete certain pre-identified tasks, pay will increase to $13.50/hour.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Benefits offered for this position include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid holidays (six holidays)
Submit applications at firstname.lastname@example.org