Pay Grade: 105
Job Code: TBD
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of and provides user support for desktop computing, including all associated peripherals, computer hardware, software, and cellphones.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides primary help desk support; proactively monitors and manages the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Provides day to day support for users, hardware and software within the city at multiple sites. Ensures network, PC hardware, software and peripherals are maintained.
- Maintains and troubleshoots workstations and applications. Sets up new computers (workstations and laptops), mobile devices, tablets, cell phones, printers, scanners, copiers, projectors, and other assorted hardware, software, and network devices. Performs maintenance and upgrades. Images and reimages PCs as needed for deployment.
- Maintains security and protection of systems with standard AV and Malware protection. Monitors and removes threats
- Assists with the maintenance of VoIP telephone systems.
- Provides troubleshooting, problem analysis assistance, and instruction to City staff with computer and other IT equipment problems;
- Maintains the City’s information technology inventory; monitors hardware, warranty and support information, software programs and licensing compliance;
- Troubleshoots and configures the user’s printing environment.
- Assign user IDs, access cards and monitoring security hardware and communications;
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science; and two (2) year of work experience in related field; equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Various Windows operating systems and alternate operating systems such as Mac, IOS, or other
- Microsoft Office, database concepts, multimedia applications.
- Standard business applications such as financial management applications, Adobe PDF and Document management systems.
- Security software such as Enterprise Antivirus software.
- Help desk support and ticketing software.
- Basic network services, including DNS, TCPIP, WINS, DHCP, and World Wide Web.
- PC Imaging software.
- VoIP systems and telephone device maintenance.
- Basic teaching and training techniques.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with various departments.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
The work is light work and requires crawling, crouching, and walking.
Incumbent works in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.