Security Systems Technician I
The purpose of this position is to provide security system installation and repair services- i.e. installing and servicing electronic security technology: access control platforms, CCTV equipment, alarm panels, intercoms, IP addressable cameras, digital video records (DVRs), and servers etc. to fit our needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of various security systems and components
- Programming of various security systems and components
- Modification of various security systems and components
- Troubleshooting of various security systems and components
- Maintenance of various security systems and components
- Repair of various security systems and components
- Maintains and repairs electronic shop testing equipment
Required Job Skills:
- Applicant should be knowledgeable in the technical application of security devices, as well as possess computer skills for programming and troubleshooting of systems
- Individual should have skills in communication, time management and customer service
- Experience with some or all of the following platforms: Pelco, Honeywell Access Control, Honeywell VMS and NICE
- Prior experience with IP devices, physical networks, and related technologies is also a plus
- Skilled in the use of standard electronic shop tools, hand tools, and instruments
- Must be able to do pre-wire alarm, CCTV, and access control systems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specs, system software/ programs, schematics and operational/installation manuals
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with Switch personnel, customers, and subcontractors
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have considerable knowledge of common hazards and proper safety precautions associated with type of work
- Must be a motivated, team oriented person with good work ethics
- Must be proactive in completing tasks with little or no direct supervision
Computer Equipment and Software:
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
Education and Experience:
Certification: Valid Driver’s License
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Previous security system installation experience desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Additionally, employees must be able to do the following.
If your position requires you to work in the field and/or warehouse, it is mandatory that you wear approved Personal Protective Equipment.