Park Maintenance Worker
This person in this position is responsible for the general maintenance and cleaning in an assigned city park or area. Duties include assisting in the daily routine maintenance of parks, athletic fields, golf course, and park facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collects and disposes of trash and debris on City Park property;
- Mows grass, picks up leaves and assists with snow removal as season dictates;
- Performs general golf course set up for daily play.
- Utilizes equipment to perform maintenance duties throughout all City Parks, athletic fields and the golf course.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Maintains athletic fields, tennis courts and basketball courts within the Parks Department.
- Assists in irrigation repairs at the athletic fields and golf course.
- Maintains playground equipment in all parks within the Parks Department.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of materials commonly used in construction, maintenance and repair activities as related to assigned areas;
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, standard cleaning methods, turfgrass maintenance practices. and operation of equipment used in park maintenance.
- Ability to use simple hand tools;
- Ability to operate trucks and other maintenance equipment such as mowers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, paint spray gun, hand tools, chalker for ball parks, hand and power saws;
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal job assignments and/or crew assignments;
- Ability to obtain a valid CDL license with proper endorsements as required or necessary;
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis;
- Ability to exert continuous physical effort including frequent bending, walking, manipulating and heavy lifting of equipment.
Requires a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
The work requires heavy lifting, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, grasping, handling, hearing, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, standing for a long period of time, talking, visual activity and walking for a long period of time.
The employee frequently lifts light objects and uses tools or equipment requiring dexterity.
The incumbent works in a relatively safe, secure, and stable work environment.