Cold Wall Liner Assembler
Southeast Cooler Corp.
Title: Cold Wall Liner Assembler – Ice Merchandiser Production Line
Company Division: Polar Temp
Location: 640 Bosch Court, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Department: Start Up General Assembly - Ice Merchandiser Production Line
Reports to: Ice Merchandiser Production Coordinator
FLSA* Status: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
Employees Supervised: None
The individual in the Cold Wall Liner Assembler position maintains and has overall responsibility for bending and attaching cold wall copper tubing to ice merchandiser interior metal liners. This job includes connecting refrigeration piping to the sheet metal liner with aluminum foil tape in a serpentine configuration. This job includes meeting daily schedules, being responsible for appearance and quality of finished product, and helping to control inventory stock of copper tubing and aluminum foil tape. The individual also has a working knowledge of all power and hand tools needed to complete the finished product.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately reads a tape measure and pressure gauges
- Interprets piping diagram drawings
- Creates quality copper tubing attachment according to drawings and other specifications
- Inspects completed product for quality and integrity
- Follows safe work practices, wears all required personal protective equipment, and identifies any unsafe conditions observed
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Becomes cross-trained and works in other positions, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desired, but is not a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Ability to complete various copper tubing cutting, bending and fabrication tasks
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, sketches, and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to be able to follow directions
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to work overtime, including Saturdays, if needed.
The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am through 3:10 pm, with 40 minutes off for lunch, 10-minute break morning and afternoon.
Overtime is expected to be a normal part of the schedule. Expect the normal work week to be 48 hours (2 hours/day overtime on Monday – Thursday). HOWEVER, overtime work is not guaranteed.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting wages: $12.50/hour. Upon completion of 90 days satisfactory performance and demonstrated ability to successfully complete certain pre-identified tasks, pay will increase to $13.50/hr.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Benefits offered for this position include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid holidays (six holidays)
Submit application at firstname.lastname@example.org