Custom Products Leader
Southeast Cooler Corp.
Title: Custom Products Leader – Custom Products Production Line
Company Division: Polar Temp
Location: 7885 First Flags Drive, Austell, GA 30168
Department: Custom Products
Reports to: Custom Products Coordinator
FLSA* Status: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
Employees Supervised: None
The individual in the Custom Products Leader position has overall responsibility for custom products manufacturing. This includes doing sheet metal work, connecting refrigeration piping, electrical systems, and electronic control systems, injecting foam insulation, and may entail some craftsmanship work. This job includes meeting daily schedules, being responsible for appearance and quality of the finished product, and helping to control inventory stock. This individual also has a working knowledge of all power and hand tools needed to complete the finished product including, but not limited to, the use of refrigeration vacuum pumps, sheet metal fabrication tools, pressure gauges, and electronic data loggers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Custom Products Coordinator with operating a welding torch, vacuum pump, pressure gauges, leak detectors, data logging equipment, sheet metal fabrication equipment and various hand tools in the manufacture of custom products and prototypes
- Accurately reads a tape measure, pressure gauges and data loggers
- Interprets electrical and piping diagrams and assembly drawings
- Creates quality copper tubing refrigeration gas weld joints with no leaks according to drawings and other specifications
- Inspects competed welds for quality and integrity
- Prepares copper tubing sub-assemblies to be welded
- Finishes welded copper tubing joints by sealing with protective sealant
- Sets up and maintains acetylene gas welding equipment
- Creates quality wiring harnesses for refrigeration, lighting, and control systems according to drawings and written specifications
- Creates sheet metal components and assemblies
- Follows safe work practices, wears all required personal protective equipment, and identifies any unsafe conditions observed
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Becomes cross-trained and works in other positions, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Some experience as a refrigeration technician in the field or the school and/or other equivalent manufacturing environment is desired, but not required
- Knowledge of welding equipment and basic hand tools
- Ability to complete various copper tubing welding, cutting, bending and fabrication tasks
- Ability to complete various sheet metal cutting, bending, welding, and finishing
- Ability to complete various wood cutting and assembly type tasks
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, sketches, and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to be able to follow directions
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desired, but not required
- Must be willing to work overtime, including Saturdays, if needed
The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am through 3:10 pm, with 40 minutes off for lunch, 10-minute break morning and afternoon.
Overtime is expected to be a normal part of the schedule. Expect the normal work week to be 48 hours (2 hours/day overtime on Monday – Thursday). HOWEVER, overtime work is not guaranteed.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting wages: $12.50/hour. Upon completion of 90 days of satisfactory performance and demonstrated ability to successfully complete certain pre-identified tasks, pay will increase to $13.50/hour.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Benefits offered for this position include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid holidays (six holidays)