Director of Logistics
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
The primary purpose and function of the Director of Logistic is to lead the logistics organization on both Strategic and Tactical levels. The Logistics Director is responsible for ensuring the Logistics Team and/or associated resources successfully manage the timely, efficient and cost-effective transfer of Bang Energy products. The Logistics Director will drive transportation cost reduction through process, analytics, technology, and partnership with all peer departments. The ideal candidate will be successful through the use of problem solving, process improvement, vendor management, and analytical skills. The successful candidate will establish and maintain high levels of accuracy in day-to-day activities, lead and develop the team, and provide impeccable customer service to our stakeholders (internal & external).
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for inbound logistics and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure
- Work with vendor partners to recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, carrier selection, and frequency.
- Meet with the internal team daily for status updates, and addressing areas of concern and problem solve
- Monitor specific carrier performance measurement systems including on time delivery and carrier scorecards for Carriers supporting all inbound logistics.
- Regular meetings with department leadership, peer departments and businesses served; including Corporate, Division and Regional Leadership
- Execute volume/seasonal transportation programs i.e, corporate buys, rail allocation, summer reefer, protect from freezing, winter wine.
- Act as a liaison for Logistics team for site escalation, TMC, claims, AR issues, spot bids, customs brokers, etc.
- Manage and resolve exceptions for unassigned carriers, event PO s, site to site transfers, SGCC by-pass, etc.
- Maintain department metrics, reports, process documentation, and other records in support of a continuous improvement.
- Manage departmental budget and freight cost as well as align department goals and KPIs with the needs of the overall Company direction
- Train department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding logistics processes and procedures.
- Stay current on all technology and optimal use within the department Provide guidance and motivation all department management and staff
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) from four-year college or university
- 10+ years of Supply Chain/Logistics experience Knowledge of: Ocean Freight, Import /Export, Drayage, Intermodal Shipping, Over the Road Trucking, LTL, US Custom, Safety, Compliance, Geography, Rate Negotiations and Pricing Methodologies.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required (Outlook, Excel, Access) Motivational while holding people accountable
- Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a variety of internal/external customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment with minimal guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, professional and lead by example
- Process and structure oriented with experience in continuous improvement philosophy.
- Passion for data with strong analytical skills
- Strong Negotiation skills with proven sustainable results
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with key personnel and maintaining them over time.
- Effective Communication with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates.