Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Full Job Description
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OSHA) guidelines. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations. The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSHA regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention, so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies. The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety. The ideal candidate for this position will advise Department Manager of those situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities, employee safety or customer satisfaction results. As the health and safety officer you will Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems. In addition, this roles in expected to identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or system. Additional expectations for this role include: initiate, recommend or provide solutions through the appropriate channels and verify implementation, and control further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected.
Scope of Practice
· Strategic leadership at the plant level of VPX various Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) initiatives such that VPX maintains and builds upon its reputation as proactive best-in-class corporate citizen.
· Assures that the VPX site continually improves its performance in EHS innovation while maintaining compliance with all legislated EHS regulations and standards.
· Chairs and/or participates in various internal organizational teams/committees that help develop VPX environmental and safety mission, policies, and respective goals and objectives.
· Serves as an agent of the company and representative/liaison to a variety of external entities including federal, state/providence, and local agencies, customers, suppliers, industrial related groups, and various nonprofit, educational, government, and community entities.
· Support the development of OSHA policies and programs
· Develop at a plant level the overall strategy of continual improvement of VPX EHS initiatives to support VPX Corporate and Plant Initiatives / goals.
· Manage annual safety inspections e.g. Fire, Sprinkler, Air monitoring, Hearing, Life Safety, Fire Extinguishers
· Control, manage, enforce SDS program
· Implement LOTO, Arc Flash, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Machine Safeguarding per ANSI Regs.
· Create a safety team program with robust expectations, scheduled meetings, focused audits etc.
· Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and job hazard analysis for continual improvement and to reduce workplace incidents and injuries.
· Responsible for contractor management and adherence to VPX EHS Policies and Procedure including recording appropriate contractor insurance and liability coverage and requirements for operations to assure that financial exposures are well defined and managed
· Provide current statistics and knowledge for continual improvement in the workplace regarding safety.
· Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
· Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
· Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation, code or company expectation
· Initiate and organize OSHA training of employees and executives
· Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
· Generate compliance reports as required. Update documents to remain current with the latest requirements and legislation. Serve as the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Rep
· Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
· Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
· Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
· Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
· Lead the administration of Workers’ Compensation (WC) programs and procedures and WC claims associated litigation. Monitor open WC issues with appropriate action plans to mitigate loss to VPX
· Lead recordkeeping, filing functions, and EHS metrics.
· Proven experience as safety office
· Minimum of 3 years in an industrial environment
· In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
· Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
· Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
· Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
· Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Diligent with great attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
· BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
· Certificate in occupational health and safety
· Experience in incident investigation and root cause analysis
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Health and Safety: 3 years (Required)
- OSHA: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Lithia Springs, GA (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?