Foamer - Ice Merchandier Production Line
Southeast Cooler Corp.
Title: FoamER – Ice Merchandiser Production Line
Company Division: Polar Temp
Location: 640 Bosch Court, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Reports to: Ice Merchandiser Production Coordinator
FLSA* Status: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
Employees Supervised: None
The individual in the Foamer position has overall responsibility for injection of foam insulation into the shells of ice merchandisers. This job includes inserting the assembled ice merchandiser into the foam insulation fixture, installing the support frame inside the ice merchandiser, and then injecting the two-part foam chemicals into the merchandiser shell in a pre-determined sequence. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the Foamer to perform periodic foam test shots to ensure that the correct chemical ratios are maintained. This job includes meeting daily schedules, being responsible for appearance and quality of finished product, helping to control inventory stock, and having a working knowledge of all power and hand tools needed to complete the finished product including, but not limited to, the use of weighing scales and electronic data loggers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates foam insulation injection gun, shot sequence timer, data logging equipment, and weight scales
- Accurately reads a tape measure, pressure gauges, and data loggers
- Interprets shot time and sequence diagram drawings
- Inspects completed foam insulated ice merchandiser for quality and integrity
- Sets up, maintains, and cleans foam gun equipment
- Sets up, maintains, and cleans all foam fixtures
- Follows safe work practices, wears all required personal protective equipment, and identifies any unsafe conditions observed
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Becomes cross-trained and works in other positions, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desired, but not required
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Ability to complete various repairs to wood foam fixtures
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints, sketches, and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to be able to follow directions
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Must be willing to work overtime, including Saturdays, if needed.
The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am through 3:10 pm, with 40 minutes off for lunch, 10-minute break morning and afternoon.
Overtime is expected to be a normal part of the schedule. Expect the normal work week to be 48 hours (2 hours/day overtime on Monday – Thursday). HOWEVER, overtime work is not guaranteed.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting wages: $12.50/hour. Upon completion of 90 days satisfactory performance and demonstrated ability to successfully complete certain pre-identified tasks, pay will increase to $13.50/hour.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Benefits offered for this position include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid holidays (six holidays)