General Assembly Worker - Refrigerated Trailer Production
Southeast Cooler Corp.
Title: General Assembly Worker –Refrigerated Trailer Production
Company Division: Polar Temp
Location: 7885 First Flags Drive, Austell, GA 30168
Department: Refrigerated Trailer Production
Reports to: Refrigerated Trailer Production Coordinator
FLSA* Status: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
Employees Supervised: None
The individual in the General Assembly Worker position has overall responsibility for fabrication and assembly of insulated refrigerated boxes. This includes assembling all interior liners and exterior shells to form the insulated box. This task also requires learning and operating the injection foam gun which injects liquid chemicals into the cavity between the liner and shell of the insulated box. Additionally, this job also includes setting up walk-in panels and locking them together so that they form an insulated box for the refrigerated trailers. This job includes meeting daily schedules, being responsible for the appearance and quality of the finished product, and helping to control inventory stock. This individual also has a working knowledge of all power and hand tools needed to complete the finished product including, but not limited to, the use of refrigeration vacuum pumps, pressure gauges, and electronic data loggers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates basic hand tools such as drills and metal taggers.
- Operates two-chemical injection foam gun.
- Accurately reads a tape measure
- Interprets electrical and piping diagrams and assembly drawings
- Creates quality sheet metal box assemblies
- Inspects completed box assembly for quality and integrity
- Seals metal edges with protective sealant type of tape, such as duct tape or masking tape
- Follows safe work practices, wears all required personal protective equipment, and identifies any unsafe conditions observed
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Becomes cross-trained and works in other positions, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desired, but not required
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and battery-operated drills
- Ability to complete various assembly and fabrication tasks
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, sketches, and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to be able to follow directions
- Ability to operate an electric or manually operated hand pallet floor truck
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to work overtime, including Saturdays, if needed.
The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am through 3:10 pm, with 40 minutes off for lunch, 10-minute break morning and afternoon.
Overtime is expected to be a normal part of the schedule. Expect the normal work week to be 48 hours (2 hours/day overtime on Monday – Thursday). HOWEVER, overtime work is not guaranteed.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting wages: $12.50/hour. Upon completion of 90 days of satisfactory performance and demonstrated ability to successfully complete certain pre-identified tasks, pay will increase to $13.50/hour.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Benefits offered for this position include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid holidays (six holidays)
Submit applications at firstname.lastname@example.org