Liner and Shell Marriage Assembler
Southeast Cooler Corp.
Title: Liner and Shell Marriage Assembler – Ice Merchandiser Production Line
Company Division: Polar Temp
Location: 640 Bosch Court, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Department: Start Up General Assembly – Ice Merchandiser Production Line
Reports to: Ice Merchandiser Production Coordinator
FLSA* Status: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
Employees Supervised: None
The individual in the Liner and Shell Marriage Assembler position maintains and has overall responsibility for marriage of interior liner and exterior shell of the ice merchandisers. This includes assembling the two separate sheet metal assemblies to form one insulated box in preparation for the foam injection station. This job includes meeting daily schedules, being responsible for appearance and quality of finished product, and helping to control inventory stock of interior liners, exterior shells, and related items. The individual also has a working knowledge of all power and hand tools needed to complete the finished product.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately reads a tape measure
- Interprets assembly drawings
- Protects and ensures copper tubing of the cold wall insulated box construction is maintained
- Inspects quality and integrity of the insulated box as it is being assembled
- Prepares insulated box to enter the next phase in assembly for injection foam
- Finishes all sheet metal joints and seams by applying duct tape or equivalent tape to prevent liquid foam leakage at next assembly phase
- Follows safe work practices, wears all required personal protective equipment, and identifies any unsafe conditions observed
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Becomes cross-trained and works in other positions, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desired, but is not a pre-requisite.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, sketches, and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to be able to follow directions
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to work overtime, including Saturdays, if needed.
The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am through 3:10 pm, with 40 minutes off for lunch, 10-minute break morning and afternoon.
Overtime is expected to be a normal part of the schedule. Expect the normal work week to be 48 hours (2 hours/day overtime on Monday – Thursday). HOWEVER, overtime work is not guaranteed.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting wages: $12.50/hour. Upon completion of 90 days satisfactory performance and demonstrated ability to successfully complete certain pre-identified tasks, pay will increase to $13.50/hr.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Benefits offered for this position include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid holidays (six holidays)
Submit applications at email@example.com