Sr. Engineering Manager
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
The Engineering Manager will lead the Engineering team to highest level of manufacturing process, best manufacturing practices, innovation on latest manufacturing technology, reduces cycle time and improves efficiency on the manufacturing floor. This position will be responsible to ensures that all cross-functional teams have engineering support as needed. The senior engineering manager will be part of the Manufacturing Operations team.
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Manages all engineering activities and projects as needed.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests. Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Creates and controls manufacturing work instructions, operation cards, job aids and implements engineering changes (ECO, ECN) to the production floor.
- Develops and maintains equipment tracking systems that track failure trends, equipment capacity, runtime, changeover, downtime, etc.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and make recommendations for improving production operations and solving production-related problems.
- Support manufacturing & test operations with regards to device failure validation, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
- Reviews the operation of production equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform ROI evaluations, initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Develop, track, analyze and improve key production & engineering metrics such at asset utilization, equipment runtime, DPMO process measures, capacity studies, cost analysis, PFMEA, etc.
- Daily interactions with engineering team and production team. Work in correlation with all internal/external cross functional teams.
- Develop strong relationships with equipment suppliers, engineering and technical support staff.
- Maintain all existing automated assembly process equipment, ensures full optimization and accuracy of this equipment, and assist the Preventative Maintenance staff with routine maintenance tasks.
- Implements new equipment, develops programming, and trains personnel to ensure proper and efficient equipment operation.
- Designs and implements special process fixtures required to assemble product and ensure equipment operate efficiently.
- Provides technical support to departments when special training is needed, or equipment is down.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineers in implementing automation when it is cost effective and necessary. Corresponds with equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
- Stays informed about new technology and current trends for effective manufacturing operations.
- Lead the Engineering team on all Process improvement projects.
- 15+ Years of experience in Manufacturing
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Must have experience in the food and beverage industry
- Experience with can manufacturing and aluminum is a plus
- Must be able to deal with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development,
- Strong knowledge of, CAD, CAD/CAM, ODB++ Circuit Design, AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency within manufacturing environment.