Sr. Maintenance Manager
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
This role is responsible for providing leadership for maintenance functions and ensuring proper preventive maintenance of plant facilities and all operating equipment, electrical troubleshooting, minimizing equipment downtime to provide maximum production capacity, and compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local environmental and OSHA regulations. Additionally, you also manage the maintenance staff to keep function within budget and properly staffed and trained.
- Continuously improving manufacturing processes in terms of quality and performance measurements and identifying and eliminating bottleneck areas.
- Seek to ensure reliability of plant and equipment operation while optimizing maintenance and operation costs and satisfying all safety, environmental etc. regulations in the process.
- Identify and solve safety concerns encountered during design and study of manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for assistance and oversight in maintaining yearly maintenance budget.
- Devise hands on improvement processes to reduce scrap and defects while improving throughput and document SOP's and the implementation of Best Practices into the facility.
- Coordinate the installation of new equipment to maximize production efficiency and maintainability.
- Champions, drives and measures improvement initiatives to reduce equipment downtime, improve equipment availability, and improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), through establishment of predictive maintenance program.
- Manages stockroom operation that provides repair parts for critical process equipment, as well as necessary consumables for the plant.
- Work with production to make modifications to equipment and work areas for maximum efficiency of operation.
- Responsible for development, implementation and analysis of working methodologies to improve factory efficiency and reliability, increasing asset utilization, reducing cost.
- Maintain a knowledge base in the capacity of existing utilities and the current level of utilization.
- Participates in employee involvement committees and teams including safety, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing teams
- Stay abreast of the latest safety, environmental and other regulations which affect the facility to ensure compliance.
- Work with the Plant Manager & higher levels of mgt to plan for the future of the site.
- Oversee the maintenance of the equipment and the facility to ensure the company receives maximum utilization of its assets.
- Ensure that systems are in place & followed to maintain reliability of the equipment & processes.
- Applies Total Productive Maintenance framework, tools and techniques across extended supply chain
- Keep written documentation of environmental compliance current.
- Periodically prepare reports to satisfy environmental and safety regulations and ensure a safe and professional work environment.
- Integrate CPI, Lean Manufacturing and TPM concepts into department operations, and utilize analysis tools to measure breakdown losses and other improvement tools.
- Leadership role for project initiatives aimed at reducing time, improving reliability, conserving energy, and upgrading equipment.
- Demonstrates commitment to and follows all company policies, ergonomic standards and safety requirements from OSHA as well as Federal and State regulations which includes the ability to ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations regarding lockout/tag out, hot work, fall protection etc.
- Demonstrates commitment to and follows all local, state and federal regulations/laws and company policies regarding employment and workplace behavior.
- Responsible to report food safety, quality and regulatory compliance to plant or division personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Participates in and supports Risk Management Plan as appropriate to role.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 5+ years of maintenance and engineering.
- 5 yrs. high speed manufacturing experience.
- 5-7 yrs. of increasing levels of supervisory roles of people & processes required.
- Demonstrated ability to support a long-term maintenance plan showing year over year improvement in Reliability, Maintenance KPIs and maintenance cost.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management.
- Working knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices and manufacturing management.
- Working knowledge of key business drivers used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or supplier.
- Develop and streamline procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas. TPM pillar owner for the site focused on AM and PM
- Identify, recommend and execute continuous improvement initiatives in the production operation including process, machinery, method and material changes, in support of plant goals.
- *ISO, Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement strategy and/or TPM Certifications highly desired.
- Strong experience in project management preferred; experience in Equipment Preventive Maintenance Management.
- Strong experience and working knowledge of plant maintenance software, SAP preferred