Director of Strategic Marketing
Job Title: “Director of Strategic Marketing”
Reports to: Organizations’ President & CEO
Summary: The Douglas County Chamber and Elevate Douglas Economic Partnership, (collectively referred to as Joint Organization(s)”) are looking for a Director of Strategic Marketing who can help Douglas become the place to invest. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative, and passionate about all sectors of community engagement. Applicants will oversee the strategic management of all marketing initiatives of the Joint Organization by serving as the lead for strategy development and implementation for all integrated marketing and communications plans and initiatives.
Essential job tasks will be the development, implementation, and management of Joint Organizations’’ strategic marketing initiatives and brand management.
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Five plus years of experience and/or training in business, marketing, or similar fields
- Ability to think strategically and plan ahead.
- Knowledge of the key elements of integrated marketing, including Paid Media (PPC, Display, Social Paid, CPM, etc.), Conversion Rate Optimization, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing and Analytics
- Previous supervisory and/or management experience
- Previous professional services experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both to clients, stakeholders, and with internal departments
- Ability to keep Joint Organizations’ initiatives on track, in scope and within budgets.
- Ability to manage and work within diverse teams and independently.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong customer service focus and relationship-building abilities
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a community strategic communications plan in support of the Joint Organizations’ mission.
- Ensure that all communications adopted and promoted include the organizational brands and adhere to all branding standards.
- Develop and implement an annual program of work for both Organizations including goals, objectives, and metrics.
- Develop and implement a plan to manage communication with the media and community stakeholders.
- Manage communications regarding critical issues and time-sensitive events, including managing and monitoring daily news about both Organizations.
- Serve as media liaison for the Organizations.
- Supervise execution of all content creation and distribution through marketing support staff.
- Manage the content and appearance of online presence, strategic positioning, and website enhancements.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Organizations’ historical documents and past marketing materials.
- Manage marketing vendor relationships with the Organizations.
- Manage the administrative, procedural, and budgetary needs for the Organizations.
This job description reflects the essential duties and responsibilities, which may change or be amended from time to time. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as determined by the President and CEO.
In order to successfully perform this job, the applicant must be able to adequately carry out each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Microsoft Suite Applications Website content management
- Adobe Creative Suite functions
- Email marketing campaign, strategy, and analytics
- Google analytics and data analysis of social media outlets
- Social media platforms
- Photography and editing
Qualified applicants should submit the following to Sara Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on April 2, 2021:
- Professional resume
- Cover Letter containing salary requirements.
No phone calls or walk-ins will be accepted. Due to the high level of interest, not all applicants will be contacted. Elevate Douglas Economic Partnership and the Douglas County Chamber are equal opportunity employers, a drug free-workplace, and an e-verify participant. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
The Douglas County Chamber is a high -performance, mission-driven , and strengths-based organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.