Dallas First United Methodist Church, Dallas Georgia
Job Description for Director of Children's Ministries
Dallas First UMC in Paulding County is currently seeking a full-time Director of Children's Ministries for children infant through 5th grade. The Director of Children’s Ministries provides leadership and spiritual direction to children, parents and volunteers in our congregation and community through weekly activities like children's worship, Sunday school, VBS, as well as other ministries and outreaches.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Fun, Motivated, and Energetic
Outgoing and People-Oriented
Happy to Recruit and Train New Families
A Team Player
A Knowledge of Child Development and Implementing Age-Appropriate Christian Education
Comfortable Speaking One-on-One and in Large Groups
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To serve as a staff member within the congregation and community, to minister, grow the children's church program, to connect with families in our preschool and community.
Staff Parish Relations Committee, working directly under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor.
Job Type: Full-Time
$30,000 a year
(Salary commiserate with candidate’s experience, gifts, and graces.)
Two Weeks Paid Vacation
Work in children's ministry: 2 or more years of experience (Preferred)
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
While the work schedule for children’s ministry can be somewhat flexible, office/on-campus should take place Monday-Thursday.
Special attention and focus should be place on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Wednesday (Church Dinner Fellowship, Children’s Small Groups)
Sunday (Worship, Sunday School, Children’s Church, Evening Small Groups)
Hours per week: 30 with flexible office hours
(Include, but are not limited to.)
1) Coordinate and direct the Children’s Ministry of Dallas First UMC Church.
2) Recruit and train adult volunteers to serve Children’s Ministries.
3) Coordinate nursery schedule and nursery workers.
4) Be present and available during Sunday School and Morning Worship.
5) Coordinate and oversee Sunday, Wednesday, and other special programming including age-appropriate curriculum selection and class/age grouping in collaboration with a children’s committee.
6) Communicates the needs of the children’s program and family ministries to other staff and church leaders as appropriate.
7) Coordinate and oversee the planning and implementation of all annual programs including Vacation Bible School, Easter Egg Hunt, Trunk or Treat, Kids Nativity, and any other programs.
8) Collaborate with Preschool Director to speak and assist with children’s chapel each week for up to 125 children. Assist with our MOPS program that reaches out to the parents of children attending the preschool.
9) Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by direct supervisor or SPRC.